Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh my goodness!

Wow, it has been a while since I posted. Sorry about that, but moving has taken it's toll on my old body! I sure have collected a lot of "stuff" that had to be organized and packed. I got all that done, then had to move it and now I am in the midst of unpacking it all. Remind me to never ever move again!

So, here are a few cards I've finally gotten the time to create, and I actually found the tools I needed to create them!


I love this new sentiment I recently got from Rubbernecker. I do amuse myself all the time. I stamped the sentiment using Barn Door distress ink onto white, cutting/embossing with a Spellbinders oval and mounting that on the black scalloped oval. I love the ruffled red gingham ribbon, don't you? That is mounted onto the ladybug paper from The Paper Company Studio and then onto the red cardstock.

I created this card for my new grandson's baby shower. I stamped the image with brown Memento ink and then colored with copic markers. The image was cut/embossed using Spellbinders Labels Eleven. To mat that, the chocolate cardstock was embossed with the next larger size of the same die. I added blue dew drops to each corner before mounting to the blue layer and then the white card front. The brown gingham bow finishes it off.

For this card, I stamped the darling dress form image from Mark's Finest Papers using Black Memento Ink and then coloring with Copic Markers. I really wanted to make this a simple card and one that can go right into the mail without extra postage, so I stamped the cute buttons using all the different rainbow color inks. The sentiment is also stamped with the black ink and then the yellow band was added to the bottom of the front of the card. Such a cute, cute image and I love the sentiments included in the set "Sew What" as well.

Here is one more. This one is using an image and sentiment from Rubbernecker as well - Smiles and thinks of you 504-06, and Wild Garden Border 1 515-01. The garden image was stamped with white craft ink and then heat embossed with white ep. I then sponged on ink the color of the card stock and then at the bottom a darker blue for a gradient look. It's subtle, but I like it. I then added the sentiment stamped with the dark blue and then punched the three butterflies, using a Martha Stewart punch out of a swirled vellum and added them. I backed the whole card with the dark blue card stock to really make it pop.


Thanks for stopping by! Come again soon. Now go and have a great day! I hope that will include stamping!

2 comments:

Jill Ison said...

you hit the spot with the sew card! how fantastic!

Rufus said...

Great cards. I'm amazed that you managed to find everything needed to create them and that you've got the energy to even be creative!!
R/