Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sneak Peek!

There are new stamps on the horizon and this is showing some of them from the set called Hello Sunshine. I think these are so versatile. This sentiment could be used for an invitation or a thank you for a wonderful evening with friends. I chose the thanks, as you will see on the inside. Mark's Finest Papers new release blog hop begins next Tuesday, Dec. 7! Mark your calendar.

The main image is stamped with versamark and night of navy ink on white cs and clear embossed. That is matted with yellow cs before being mounted onto the gingham square. The sentiment is stamped the same way and then cut/embossed with Spellbinders ovals. I added some AtYou Spica Lemon dots around the white oval. I wanted a fun ribbon to go with this, but didn't have anything appropriate in my stash, so I created some "ribbon" loops by cutting a very narrow strip of the paper and creating my loops before adhering them to the back of the oval and popping it up. The yellow paper is embossed with the cuttlebug folder.

I am also showing you a paper saving tip which I like to use.



I matted the blue gingham paper with night of navy cs, but before mounting it, I stamped another stamp several times on the center of that square using versamark ink and clear embossing. Then I punched the star from that embossed piece to use on the inside.


The inside of the card is embellished with more of the embossed yellow paper and that embossed star I cut from the navy mat.

No comments: