Friday, June 4, 2010

Vintage once again.

I really do love vintage - in furnishings, in cards, in clothing - pretty much everything.

Today's SCS challenge was It's a Boy Thing and so I got to ink up this wonderful Rubbernecker image. I just love it. It really looks like an old photo, don't you think? I used the Spellbinders Deckled Mega rectangle to give that old photo look to the edges. I intentionally left some of the vanilla to look even more like an old photo.


The image is stamped onto vanilla cardstock using Pumice Stone Distress Ink. The dp's are from Kaiserscrapbook. The image actually reminds me of a photo I have seen of my Grandfather and his brother. They served in the Army together in WW I, and so the star dp really seemed appropriate. I added the twill tape and cut the star from the star dp too. The word Brothers is computer generated. Don't you love the brads with it? They add just the right vintage/masculine look, don't you think?

I used:
Rubbernecker Brothers 502-06
Paper: very vanilla and dp by Kaiserscrapbook
Ink: Pumice Stone distress ink
brads, twill tape
Spellbinders Deckled Mega Rectangles, Stars

2 comments:

Jill Ison said...

those vintage photo stamps are the best!

Julia Aston said...

Great card Karen! love that photo stamp and the wonderful colors and patterns you used on this!