Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Using new products


I got a lot of my new goodies organized and wanted to play with a few of them on today's card. What fun! Here are the new things I used on this card:

Spellbinders Impressabilities (these are sooooo cool!)
Hero Arts Thoughtful Stamps (the sentiment)
Smooch (used on the butterfly for the dots)

The card base is rose red cs. I cut and embossed the pink pirouette panel using the new impressabilities and then used a sponge to highlight the high areas with rose red ink. Gosh those Impressabilities are impressive! lol I also sponged the edges before mounting onto the basic gray cs. The flowers are cut and embossed with dies from Spellbinders Flower Creations which I shaped a bit with the handle of a paint brush and colored with markers, then added stickles. It caused the ink to run a bit and I really like that look. It just softens the edges a bit. I added ribbon and a bow. The sentiment is stamped, cut and embossed with Spellbinders Nestabilities and mounted onto the rose red scalloped oval nestie and popped up with dimensionals. I added a Spellbinders butterfly from the Flying Beauties set which was dotted and the body outlined with my new Smooch made by Clearsnap. I think you will love Smooch. You might even smooch it! hee hee hee

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Connie M. said...

A very fun card, Karen! Love those flowers!!