Monday, April 27, 2009

Creating!

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. I've been so engrossed in creating my projects for Spellbinders and learning some new technology to size them, stitch together scans and lots of new things that I haven't had much time to create projects to share on my blog. I did take a few minutes this morning to do the SCS technique challenge. Take a look at the card I created and see if you can tell what the technique is.



The technique is using marbles and reinkers to create your own background paper. On my card it is the layer behind the oval. I used Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery and So Saffron reinkers. I opened an empty plastic clamshell case (My SU! stamps come in them) and added a few drops of each of the colors. I did each one separately so the colors wouldn't muddy up. After each color, I wiped out the previous color from the inside of the case and the marbles, then added the next color. The card stock you wish to create is taped to the inside lid of the box. Tilt and shake the box to get the ink onto the marbles and the marbles to roll all over your card stock. When you are happy with the results, remove your card stock and create something. It really is a fun technique. For my card, I glued that piece onto the certainly celery base card. Using Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Oval, I cut and embossed the oval. I then stamped the sentiment and the little flowers onto the oval, drawing doodles to connect them with a marker. I added some stickles to the centers of the flowers for a little bling. It was a little too flat for my liking, so I cut/emboss/stenciled a little purple flower to add to the oval. I popped that up with a dimensional and added a yellow circle of card stock and more stickles. Oh yeah, that's much better.

I hope you like my card. Check back soon! I'm happy to have you visit!

3 comments:

Yvette said...

Very pretty card Karen! Looks nice and "Springy"!

Connie M. said...

Very pretty, Karen! Love your background!

Can't wait to see all the things you are creating!

A Consuming Passion said...

How very clever - such a pretty background.
Sue.