Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another fun sketch



I made this card for the sketch challenge on SCS today. I was so inspired by Rox's sample. It is a beauty for sure. Well, I couldn't do anything but flowers and butterflies on my card today.

. . . and purple! I used a piece of Anna Griffin dp for the main panel. The butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch done in very vanilla and Elegant Eggplant, embossed with the cuttlebug swiss dot folder and glued together with the wings up a bit. I used some iridescent ice ep for the bodies of the butterflies and the center of the flower on the Love you panel - I colored it with my blender pen and markers. The very vanilla layer is embossed with the cuttlebug textile texture folder and the Lovely Lilac layers are reverse embossed with elegant eggplant ink in the cuttlebug birds and swirls folder, and then I brayered on a bit of elegant eggplant ink on the lower portion for even more dimension. I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Melinda Ford said...

Once again...beautiful!!! I love this design and layout. And you did a great job on the paper, stamps, and embossing that you chose. Love it!