Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday Magic!








Here is my project for today. Well, I actually did a couple of things. Should I show you both? Oh all right, you don't have to beg!

I made the wine glass vellum lamp shade by cutting the scallop edges with my good old Fiskar decorative scissors. How long has it been since you used those? Goodness, we used to use them all the time. I also embossed it with a cuttlebug folder. I love that wreath, and almost forgot I had bought it a few months ago.

The second project is using my Stampin' Up! Decor Elements. I used paint and a sponge to age this canvas before applying the lettering. The ribbon is also a Stampin' Up! product. I left it quite simple, and hung it on the purple wall in my dining room. The tree is in there too. Ooooo, I worked on that today too. I should take a photo!

I went to Salt Lake City for my aunt's funeral last Saturday, and while there visiting my cousin, she and I went to the festival of the trees! Oh my goodness, there were some awesome trees there. One I particularly loved had the nativity nestled into the tree, so I did the same when I came home. I really love it. What do you think?

2 comments:

Wendy Hansen said...

Pretty stuff, good job! I love it all.

Shirley said...

How wonderful. The lamp is lovely and the card is so warm and pretty. I love the nativity scene with the tree too!