Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Good morning!

Ahhhh, it's so nice and cool outside. I'm loving this change in the weather, without the big change of snow and ice, that is. lol The high today is supposed to be 73. Perfection!!!!!


So, here is my card for the day. I actually used some lovely wrapping paper I got at Hobby Lobby last week. It is such a nice heavy weight and has a slight glimmer to it. I attached the panels of that onto the Bravo Burgundy cardstock before running it through the cuttlebug with the snowflakes folder. The bg for the sentiment is also the Bravo Burgundy cs with a Martha Stewart punch snowflake attached before embossing it. The sentiment is stamped with versamark and then embossed with gold. I curled it a bit so it would have that nice shape. The bow is gold organdy ribbon which was heated slightly with my heat gun to get that texture. How do you like it?

2 comments:

Terri said...

Sure, rub in that nice weather thing! LOL It's 19 degrees here this morning, and is supposed to top out at a sultry 25. I don't even want to think of what the wind chill is. It's blowing at 15-20 mph. Poor Katie is here on vacation, and needless to say she's freezing. 75 sounds much better. Wish I was there too!
Your card today is beeeauuutiful! I love the idea of using wrapping paper. Brilliant! The colors go so nicely together and I love your little trick with the heat gun and your ribbon. Very nice my friend!

Shirley said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful! I love how you did the background and embossed it. The way you mounted the bow, words, and snowflake just make it so pretty!