Monday, September 12, 2011

Why hadn’t I thought of this?

A new to me technique! That’s always fun.

This one is to cut an opening in the front of your card and then fill it. Well, I decided to do a black and white card (always elegant, don’t you think?).

I showed it to my dh and he said, "Looks like it could use a bow tie!" lol I guess that means it looks kind of formal? It made me laugh. I like to laugh on a Monday morning.

TLC342

009_edited-2

I cut the card front using a Spellbinders oval, then lined the inside of the front with the black and cut/embossed the next smaller oval. I cut two of each of the shapes, one black and one white and reversing them so that the inside and outside both look good. I added the flower which has a flower base, then papers punched and added in layers. I also stamped the inside with the daisy image for more interest. The sentiment is stamped with black memento ink omitting the outer circle on the front, but stamping it again in it’s entirety on the inside.

Stamps: Rubbernecker Happy Birthday Circle SKU 565-20, Daisies SKU 506-05

2 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Gorgeous, Missy....you did a fabulous job on this beauty and tell your DH it is perfct without the the ribbon!!!!

Shirley said...

What a really beautiful and fun card~! Love what you did with your dies~