Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Rose

I recently got some new papers by Authentique (oooo, I love them!) and thought they would be perfect for this sketch.

 

I started with a rose colored card, added a panel of the new paper which was distressed a bit and stitched around the edges with my sewing machine. The next panel is a coordinating print from the pad which was embossed with the Cuttlebug Textile Texture folder with stitching around the edges.

Single Leaf Rose

Then I stamped the rose image using Basic Gray ink and coloring with Copic markers. That panel was cut/embossed using Spellbinders deckle rectangles with the leaf outside the die. That was matted with basic gray using the next larger size of the -20die. I stamped the rose again onto another piece of vanilla card stock with the Basic Gray ink. I then inked the circle birthday sentiment with basic gray and some water based markers before stamping and cutting/embossing with Spellbinders circle dies, again leaving the leaf outside the die. That was mounted onto the rose colored card stock and popped up.

Stamps: Rubbernecker Happy Birthday Circle SKU 565-20, Single Leaf Rose 531-01

Authentique Uncommon collection paper

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: