Monday, May 23, 2011

I’m still here . . .

Yay! Monday! Mmmmmm, well, whatever. It’s the beginning of a new week.

I just haven’t been able to leave this card alone. I keep making what I hope are improvements to it. Here is what I’ve done with it today!

#1 I created the card and it was fine, but I thought it needed a little something above the panel, so I embossed the little scallop. That was nice.

TLC326 closed 2_edited-1

 011_edited-1

I decided that it needed a little break at the embossing, so I cut a very small strip of the Basic Gray card stock and added it just above the embossing. Oh yeah, I like that better. What do you think?

TLC326 w gray _edited-1 TLC326 w gray 2_edited-1

This card was created for the SCS challenge to create a card that is hiding a sentiment. Every time I hand a card to my husband to see what he things, he carefully looks it over and then, if he can’t figure it out, asks, “What does it do?” lol Too funny. Well, he will be happy to see that this one does something.

I stamped this cute raccoon image onto white cs with Tuxedo black ink before coloring with Copic markers. That is backed with Basic Gray cs. The butterfly is the hinge which is stamped with black ink onto the yellow cs and carefully cut out with scissors. The card is a 140 lb. paper from MFP that is the bomb for card bases. It is sooooo heavy. I love it. But don’t try to use your punches on it. NO WAY! But as a card base, trust me, it is the best.

Thanks for stopping by! Please come again soon!

No comments: