Wednesday, May 4, 2011

And now . . .

It is time for some previews of new sets being released next week by Mark's Finest Papers. Both sets are very timely with the recent world events and graduations just around the corner.

American made 3_edited-1

This card shows a fabulous new patriotic set which is called American Made. It has lots of great patriotic images. For this card I used markers to color the stamps to get both the red and blue on them. I love the star embossing folder with these patriotic images. Let me just give a shout out to our magnificent troops!

Here comes the grad ksh_edited-2

This card is for a graduate, of course. This set is called Here Comes the Graduate. I used the cap stamp to create my own dp for the card front, coloring only the tassel. The “book” is created by stamping the wonderful sentiment onto some textured vanilla cardstock and cutting/embossing using Spellbinders Labels Seven. After scoring it in the center, I popped each “page” up a bit to give it more dimension. I then added the tassel which was stamped and embossed with black onto red cardstock and I added a brad. The card front is also scored for just a little more interest. This is an easily mailable card which is my goal lately.

Thanks for stopping by. Keep coming back to see more previews of the stamps and then the blog hop begins on the 10th!

2 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love the star embossing on your patriotic card Karen - and the book die cut is perfect for your grad card - great new images!

Janeen said...

perfect grad card w/ the cutout tassel and book design. Support Our Troops! thanks.