Saturday, December 10, 2011

Vintage Christmas card


I love vintage. Maybe it is because it hails back to what seems a simpler, happier time. I'm not sure that is true, but it is what I think of.

I created this vintage looking card using "Shirley" by stamping her onto vanilla card stock using Vintage Photo ink and then coloring with both water color crayons and Copic markers. I then cut/embossed her using Spellbinders beaded ovals die. I colored the edge with the red Copic marker and then put it back into the die and airbrushed a deeper red using the die as a stencil.The rest is so easy, using the Authentique Wonder bundle paper and a red card base. I added just a little dangle of ribbon which I think adds to the antique feel.

Stamps: Shirley SKU 581-08

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are having fun preparing for Christmas at your house.

Hugs,
Karen

1 comment: