Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Interesting colors, don't you think?


I created this card for the color challenge on SCS which was to use: So Saffron, Rich Razzleberry and Dusty Durango together. Now I never would have put these colors together myself, but they do go.

I stamped my rose using versamark ink onto shimmery white cardstock and embossed with gold embossing powder. Then I sprayed it (soaked it really) with water and added the three colors, letting them float around a bit. It's much prettier in real life than you can capture in the photo. I matted the cut rose onto a so saffron layer which was cut/embossed with Spellbinders Lattice Pendant. I also stenciled it before removing from the die and also sponged a bit of the Rich Razzleberry ink onto it as well. The next layer a square of Dusty Durango cs, the corners punched with the ticket punch and the wrought iron corner punch. All this was mounted onto the Rich Razzleberry card (4-14" square). I then added the half domes in the corners and a bow. What do you think of these colors together?

No comments: