Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine


I thought I would show you the Valentine I created for my husband. He is my number one supporter and cheerleader.

I used a beautiful glitter paper with the big X O on it for the base of my card, which I mounted onto white cardstock and then matted with black for the pop. The main panel is an embossed swiss dot paper also matted with black. The hearts are Spellbinders™ Classic Scalloped Hearts. To get that lacy look on the outside, first I cut the hearts from the embossed paper, then took them out of the die and colored that inside border of the die with a water based ink marker, replaced the heart into the die and embossed them. It isn't a solid color, and I really like that look. It works perfectly for this idea, don't you think? I added one black bow to the largest heart only.

Thanks for stopping by. If you haven't already left a comment to win the blog candy, be sure to scroll down to the Henry Rooster card and leave a comment. You only have until tomorrow at 5 PM.

Hugs,
Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card, Karen! It took me reading a couple of times, before I realized that you'd put ink on the metal die--love the look you achieved! Hope you're doing well. We're having a bit of spring here with 38 degrees, but it'll be back to winter before too long! I try not to get my hopes up until April! Sue (suen)

Terri said...

What a great technique Karen. I had to read your instructions a couple of times before it would sink in. I guess I need more coffee this morning. The card has lots of sparkle and great contrast. Allen is one lucky guy. I'm sure he loved it! TFS