Monday, October 8, 2012

Celebrating 40 years!

My husband and I celebrated our 40th anniversary this weekend. Sheesh, that is a long time! I can hardly  believe we are this old! The time has flown by. I made it mostly purple as that is my husband's favorite color. The 40th anniversary is ruby, so I added a few ruby rhinestones to the image panel as well.
There is lots of dimension on this card. The purple background layer has traits I love in my husband. It is computer generated, then I embossed it with Spellbinders M-bossabilities Mystic folder. I then added the Lacy Squares cut from Elegant Eggplant card stock. The Fancy Label panel is cut from glossy white card stock with the number 40 computer generated. The butterflies are stamped onto white glossy card stock and embossed with clear embossing powder before being punched out with an SU! punch. I added rhinestones and pearls to the bodies and then popped them up with foam tape, lifting the wings for more dimension.

I hope you like it! My husband did. Thanks for looking.

No comments: